Friday, January 13, 2012

I Bow to the True Guru

There is an amazing Indian chant called "Aad Guray"
and sung by Deva Primal and Miten.
The translation of the words are:
I bow to the primal guru,
I bow to the guru woven through time
I bow to the true guru, the true
identity of the self.
I bow to the great guru whose great
glory will always be.

What is this primal guru?
Byron Katie calls it "what is";
Candice O'Denver calls it "clarity"
or "open intelligence";
Eckhart Tolle calls it "now",
and the Oneness community calls it
the "Presence".
Certainly there are a thousand names for this guru!
I call it LOVE....


In the following video, Candice elaborates
on the simple practice of
taking short moments~
a simple way to recognize
"the great guru
whose glory will always be"!




The true self is who we really are~
"Please call me by my true names,
so I can wake up,
and so the door of my heart can be left open,
the door of compassion".
Thich Nhat Hanh






No comments:

Post a Comment