Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What Does It Take to Wake Up?


Lake Travis, near Austin, Texas

There is a Cree Prophecy coming true~

"When all the trees have been cut down,
when all the animals have been hunted,
when all the waters are polluted,
when the air is unsafe to breathe,
only then will you discover you cannot eat money.

San Angelo State Park, Texas

It's a friendly universe....
Can you imagine a Mother Earth so lovingly patient
that she allows us to learn our lessons
in our own time?
Can I be as loving with myself?


Today on a blog I found, was a photo of a father teaching his young son
to hunt squirrels. Why is it that people feel the need to kill?

Now let me ask myself:
Where is it that I kill ?
... the fire ants in my yard.
...the squirrel hunters in my mind.

Let me remember the prayer of St.Francis:

"Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light,
and where there is sadness, joy.
O Divine Master, grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled,
as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved, as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
and it is in dying that
we are born to eternal life."


No comments:

Post a Comment